postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience/fMRI, Georgetown University

From: Maximilian Riesenhuber (mr287@georgetown.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 18:58:57 CET

Postdoctoral Position in Computational Neuroscience and fMRI
Lab for Neural Information Processing
Department of Neuroscience
Georgetown University

A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the lab of
Max Riesenhuber at Georgetown University to study the neural
mechanisms underlying real world object recognition (in particular
object recognition in cluttered scenes and the role of attention in
object recognition) using a combination of computational modeling,
psychophysics, and fMRI. The project is part of an NIH-funded
collaboration between the Riesenhuber lab at Georgetown and labs at
MIT, Caltech and Northwestern. Candidates should have a research
record in a vision-related field, a strong quantitative background and
experience in two of the following: computational neuroscience, visual
psychophysics, fMRI. Initial appointment will be for a two-year
period, with the possibility of extension for another year. Salary is
based on experience and conforms to NIH levels.

The lab investigates the computational mechanisms underlying human
perception as a gateway to understanding information processing and
learning in cortex. In our work, we combine computational models with
psychophysical and fMRI data from our own lab and collaborators, as
well as with single unit data obtained in collaboration with
physiology labs. We also collaborate with machine vision groups to
compare the performance of our model of object recognition in cortex
to current machine vision systems on real-world vision tasks. For more
information, see http://riesenhuberlab.neuro.georgetown.edu, or
email Max Riesenhuber at mr287@georgetown.edu.

Georgetown University has a strong neuroscience community with fifty
labs involved in the Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience. Its
scenic campus overlooks the Potomac River in Washington, DC, one of
the most intellectual and culturally rich cities in the country.

Interested candidates should send a CV, representative reprints, and
the names and contact information of three references to Maximilian
Riesenhuber (mr287@georgetown.edu). Review of applications will begin
immmediately, and will continue until the position is filled.

Maximilian Riesenhuber phone: 202-687-9198
Department of Neuroscience fax: 202-784-3562
Georgetown University Medical Center email: mr287@georgetown.edu
Research Building Room EP09
3970 Reservoir Rd., NW
Washington, DC 20007 http://riesenhuberlab.neuro.georgetown.edu

Home   Login   Meetings   Courses   Belgium   Maillist   Credits
  Servers   Links   Archive

Please send comments and suggestions to Mike Wijnants.

Page last updated on © BBF 1998 all rights reserved