[Comp-neuro] Call for Papers - Comp. Neuro Conf. in Cambridge, UK (part of CompLife 06)

Aldo Faisal aaf23 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 12 17:23:28 CEST 2006

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to invite you and your group's members to submit abstracts
to the Computational Lifesciences Conference 06 (CompLife).
CompLife offers the unique chance to interact with colleagues modelling
and thinking about other cells then neurons and people working in
systems biology, proteomics and bioinformatics.

CompLife is held this year at  Cambridge University
from 27th - 29th Sept. 2006. We are planning for the first
time a Computational Neuroscience section, which I am chairing.

In this context computational neuroscience includes both understanding
computation/information processing in the nervous systems
and computational methods to understand/model nervous systems.
The contributions will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes series
(LNBI) which is fully abstracted by PubMed, Google Scholar, et al.

We have money for student grants, thanks to generous
pharmaceutical sponsorship (see below). Comp. Neuro. papers
which address or touch on problems of basic bio-medical
interest are especially welcome.

The program will consist of talks of approx 20-30 mins. incl questions.
We are currently organising a relaxed social program (e.g. punting on
the river Cam) .
More details below and on http://www.complife.org .

Please eMail me if you have any questions.

best wishes,
Aldo Faisal
Computational Neuroscience Chair at CompLife 06.

---
Dr. Aldo Faisal
Junior Research Fellow
Dept of Zoology & Wolfson College
Cambridge CB2 3EJ
Cambridge
UK

--- Details ---
The time line is as follow:
May 15        Abstract papers due
June 26       Notification of acceptance
July 10       Final papers (and paper sources) due
Sept 27-29   CompLife '06
An online submission system will be available as of the end of March.
The final conference paper can be submitted in LNCS format (word, pdf,
latex) and should be no longer than 10 pages.

Student Grants:
Thanks to our sponsors we can offer a limited number of student grants
to enable full-time students to attend. Priority will be given to
full-time students who are first authors of papers and present their
paper at the conference. The grants are handed out at
the conference and will be in the amount of a maximum of 500 EURO , to
cover registration, travel, and accommodation.

Accomodation and the Conference Dinner is arranged
in the traditional Cambridge Colleges.