[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position

Dezhe Jin djin at phys.psu.edu
Wed Mar 18 18:24:42 CET 2009

A NSF funded postdoctoral position is available at the joint group of
Dezhe Jin and Alexay Kozhevnikov at the Department of Physics, The
Pennsylvania State University. We have a collaborative research effort
on understanding the neural mechanism for controlling variable song
sequences in songbirds.

We seek a postdoc to work on either computational models of the song
control system with Dezhe Jin or in vivo recordings of neural activity
during singing with Alexay Kozhevnikov. For a computational candidate
we prefer prior experience in computational neuroscience, but
exceptional candidates from other quantitative fields such as physics
or math are welcome to apply. For an experimental candidate we
strongly prefer prior experience in in vivo recordings.

Interested candidates should send a CV and three recommendation
letters to Dezhe Jin at djin at phys.psu.edu.

More information about our research efforts can be found at
(1) http://www.checkout.org.cn/awardsearch/showAward.do?
AwardNumber=0827731
(2) http://www.phys.psu.edu/~djin/index.html
(3) http://www.phys.psu.edu/~akozhevn/