[Comp-neuro] Extended Deadlines - Discovery Science 2009

Pedro Pereira Rodrigues pprodrigues at liaad.up.pt
Mon May 4 17:02:43 CEST 2009

Discovery Science 2009
3-5 October, Porto, Portugal
http://ds09.liaad.up.pt/

The 12th International Conference on Discovery Science (DS-2009) will be held in Porto, Portugal, on 3-5 October 2009.

Due to several requests, we have decided to extend the submission deadlines in one week. Please, check the new dates below.

We invite submissions of research papers addressing all aspects of discovery science. We particularly welcome contributions that discuss the application of scientific knowledge discovery and other support techniques including, but not limited to, biomedical, astronomical, space, chemistry and other physics domains. Very welcome are papers that focus on dynamic and evolving data, models and structures.

The conference proceedings will appear in Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Series by Springer-Verlag.

*** Important Dates ***

Abstract Submission: (NEW) 10 May 2009         ***** EXTENDED *****
Paper Submission: (NEW) 17 May 2009            ***** EXTENDED *****
Notifications: 21 June 2009
Camera-ready copy: 10 July 2009
Conference: 3-5 October 2009

A paper submission must be preceded by abstract registration before the Abstract Submission deadline.

Full papers should be formatted according to the layout supplied by Springer-Verlag for the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series, and may contain up to fifteen (15) pages.

Collocated Event

DS-2009 will be collocated with ALT-2009, the 20th International Conference on Algorithmic Learning Theory. The two conferences will be held in parallel, and will share their invited talks.

Student Award

An excellent student paper will be selected to receive the Carl Smith
Award. The award carries a scholarship prize of 555 Euros.