[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral position at University of Pennsylvania

Maria Neimark Geffen mariageffen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:09:05 CEST 2010

Postdoctoral Position Available at the Laboratory of Auditory Coding,
Department of Otorhinolaryngology at University of Pennsylvania School
of Medicine

The research program of our laboratory explores how natural sounds are
encoded by multi-neuronal assemblies in the auditory cortex.  The
laboratory is moving to Penn in September 2010. We are accepting
applications from talented candidates with (or expecting) a Ph.D. in
life sciences interested in:

-electrophysiology and imaging: multi-neuronal recordings in behaving rodents
-molecular biology: optogenetic manipulations targeting specific
neuronal subtypes
-theory and computation: sound analysis and analysis of dynamics in
cortical networks

Strong computational skills are a plus. There will be opportunity for
collaboration with faculty in physics and engineering. Our laboratory
is part of the Hearing Sciences Center at the Department of
Otorhinolaryngology, the Mahoney Institute of Neurological Sciences
and the Neuroscience Department at the University of Pennsylvania
School of Medicine.

Please submit your application, including a CV, a brief statement of
past and future research interests, links to recent publications, and
recommendation letters (a letter from Ph.D. advisor is required) to
Dr. Maria Geffen at mgeffen at mail.med.upenn.edu .

For more information, please visit:
http://uqbar.rockefeller.edu/~mgeffen
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/pennorl/research/audres/hearing.html
http://www.med.upenn.edu/ins/

Maria Neimark Geffen, Ph.D.

Raymond and Beverly Sackler Fellow in Physics and Biology
Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York NY 10065

Tel. 212.327.7932